Saturday, May 8, 2010

Vertical Garden

The house that we are living in at the moment in surrounded by a high fence, meaning the living and kitchen windows look straight out onto treated pine, and the back yard feels a little gloomy and concreted. I went to Bunnings today to find a solution but couldn't really find any inspirations. Later that day I remembered Michael sending me a picture of a green-wall and I have decided that this will be the solution to my gardening woes! Apparently this is the new thing in Australian Architecture and great for energy efficiency , check out a few pictures I have found for inspiration.






I then thought about what kind of plants I could put into my vertical and did a bit of a search to find something more fitting to our yard. Vegetables seem like a great option and this rustic looking green wall would look  great on our backyard wall if we could get enough sun....


Ferns are also another could be a great option and might work better due to our lack of sunlight.


I think the idea that we will go for in front of our windows is the one below that I found on LUSHE (check out the website for DIY), just because I love the interesting shapes and colours. They are works of art. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment